World Wind New Features
From World Wind Wiki
 1.3.6 and 1.4 New Features
 1.3.4 and 1.3.5 Features
 New Extraterrestrial Datasets
Exciting new planets.
- Mars: In addition to the Moon which debuted in 1.3.3, we now have Mars with full 3D terrain.
- SDSS: View the galaxy with outer-space imagery from the Sloan Digital Sky Survey
- Venus: 3 image layers without 3D terrain + placenames
- Jupiter: Jupiter and 4 Moons + placenames
 Updated Earth Datasets
Better, sharper imagery.
- OnEarth 15m Landsat imagery
- Improved elevation data based on SRTM+ and SRTM. Includes global Bathymetry.
- ZoomIt! data: Additional datasets for parts of the US (MA, NY, IN, FL) and South Africa's Robben Island
 New Included Plugins
In this release, we're including some of the best community-contributed plugins and some others newly created by NASA:
Some of these plug-ins are not turned on by default, to activate them open the Plug-Ins menu and click Load/Unload... (see figure 1).
Click on name of the plug-in you wish to activate in the Plugin Load/Unload window and then press the Load button, the indicator next to the plug-ins name should turn green (if you want the plug-in to automatically load each time World Wind starts also tick the plug-ins startup box), you can now safely close the Plugin Load/Unload window.
- Movie Recorder: Movie recording script. Plays back a script file with camera positions and records each frame to sequentially numbered bitmap files on disk.
- Measuring tool: Measure distances/bearings on the globe.
- Starfield: Adds a dynamicaly rendered starfield background to World Wind using data from the Hipparcos catalog.
- Compass Rose: Renders a compass in World Wind.
- Clock: On-screen clock.
- Earthquake Plug-In: Near-Real-Time Earthquake display and Historical Earthquake Query.
- KML Importer: Import Placemarks from KML and KMZ files.
- Zoom Extender: Double-click to control zooming in and out.
- Global Clouds (near realtime clouds): Displays a global cloud image.
- Atmospheric halo: Displays a virtual atmosphere around the Earth.
- Overview Form: Displays an external window to control World Wind (only works for Earth).
- External Layer Manager: Displays a classic windows style form window to turn on and off layers.
 New Features
New core features which improve World Wind.
- Improved download indicator: Tiles which are downloading have a semi-transparent red border.
- Improved terrain rendering: Rendering of terrain has been optimised to increase framerates.