Community Meeting 2005-06-24

From World Wind Wiki

(Difference between revisions)
Jump to: navigation, search
Revision as of 18:07, 21 June 2005 (edit)
Dpatton (Talk | contribs)

← Previous diff
Current revision (20:20, 19 July 2010) (edit) (undo)
Mkpl (Talk | contribs)
m (Reverted edits by Rebeca123 (Talk); changed back to last version by F0urtyfive)
 
(10 intermediate revisions not shown.)
Line 1: Line 1:
Meeting will be on '''Friday, 24 June 2005 at 8:30PM UTC/GMT''' ([http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=6&day=24&year=2005&hour=13&min=30&sec=0&p1=137&sort=1 local time]) in IRC channel #worldwind-meeting Meeting will be on '''Friday, 24 June 2005 at 8:30PM UTC/GMT''' ([http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=6&day=24&year=2005&hour=13&min=30&sec=0&p1=137&sort=1 local time]) in IRC channel #worldwind-meeting
-'''Agenda Topics:'''+'''Call To Order:'''
 +* Select meeting moderator
 +* If a discussion results in someone agreeing to do something, the moderator should send an IRC message starting with "TODO:" and the person's name and short description, to make searching the meeting logs easier
 +* Moderator should control change of meeting topics. Maybe "OK to move on?", and if everyone has finished the discussion, the moderator then sends a message with the next agenda topic. Moderator should force moving on to the next topic if the discussion is too long.
 +* Meeting length should be targeted to 30-45 minutes.
 + 
 +'''OLD BUSINESS:'''
 +# From [http://www.worldwindcentral.com/wiki/Community_Meeting_2005-06-10 2005-06-10 meeting]:
 +#*1.3.2, item 1: How relevant is Notes for 1.3.2 work? Can we purge bits/all? (nosilleg) http://www.worldwindcentral.com/wiki/Notes_for_1.3.2_work Various people need to either 'delete' their entries on that page or create a Jira issue, and someone needs to do the same for unattributed entries. Identified entries are from: fool, Llynix, bull, engmike, gillesk, TomServo
 + 
 + 
 +'''NEW BUSINESS:'''
# ADMINISTRATIVE # ADMINISTRATIVE
## Set deadline date for confirmation of terminology re "add-on", "plugin", "script", "extension", etc. ([[User:Dpatton|dpatton]]) ## Set deadline date for confirmation of terminology re "add-on", "plugin", "script", "extension", etc. ([[User:Dpatton|dpatton]])
 +## Should there be a "Credits" button in Help > About? Should it have one section to list NLT staff, and one to list WW Comunity people? Who should be listed? For example: anyone who has contributed code directly, or indirectly(e.g. provide code to a developer, who uses it(perhaps modified) in WW), or who has fixed any bugs. ([[User:Dpatton|dpatton]])
 +## Someone from NLT should perhaps respond to this forum posting: [http://forum.worldwind.arc.nasa.gov/index.php?showtopic=3778 Worldwind - Expectations?, Coming Soon?] ([[User:Dpatton|dpatton]])
# DATA ISSUES # DATA ISSUES
-## NLT policy on fixing problems with existing NLT Landsat 7 Visible dataset ([[User:Dpatton|dpatton]])+## NLT policy on fixing problems with existing NLT Landsat 7 Visible dataset [http://issues.worldwind.arc.nasa.gov/browse/META-28 META-28] and SRTM dataset [http://issues.worldwind.arc.nasa.gov/browse/META-12 META-12] ([[User:Dpatton|dpatton]])
 +## Data slowness/200's vs 404's - Is it me or is nww a lot slower? Is this normal. Once again, we need to know who at Terraserver to ping ([[User:Adamhill|adamhill]])
 +## Mirrors - Update from Matt. Decision on the PHP pivoting script from NLT. ([[User:Adamhill|adamhill]])
# TECHNICAL # TECHNICAL
-## Security of add-ons. Status update from Adam re info provided via my contact at Microsoft ([[User:Dpatton|dpatton]])+## Security of add-ons. Status update from Adam re info provided via my contact at Microsoft [http://issues.worldwind.arc.nasa.gov/browse/WW-214 META-214] ([[User:Dpatton|dpatton]])
 +## Discuss CVS HEAD file/directory cleanup [http://issues.worldwind.arc.nasa.gov/browse/META-39 META-39] ([[User:Dpatton|dpatton]])
 +## 1.3.2 remaining issues/plan (see [http://issues.worldwind.arc.nasa.gov/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?mode=hide&requestId=10030]) --[[User:Jessi|Jessi]] 17:36, 24 Jun 2005 (GMT)
 +## [http://www.worldwindcentral.com/wiki/User:Bull/addon_format_Suggestions Add-on Metadata standard] - next steps? --[[User:Jessi|Jessi]] 17:36, 24 Jun 2005 (GMT)
 + 
 +[[Category:Dev Documentation]]
 +[[Category:Meetings]]

Current revision

Meeting will be on Friday, 24 June 2005 at 8:30PM UTC/GMT (local time) in IRC channel #worldwind-meeting

Call To Order:

  • Select meeting moderator
  • If a discussion results in someone agreeing to do something, the moderator should send an IRC message starting with "TODO:" and the person's name and short description, to make searching the meeting logs easier
  • Moderator should control change of meeting topics. Maybe "OK to move on?", and if everyone has finished the discussion, the moderator then sends a message with the next agenda topic. Moderator should force moving on to the next topic if the discussion is too long.
  • Meeting length should be targeted to 30-45 minutes.

OLD BUSINESS:

  1. From 2005-06-10 meeting:
    • 1.3.2, item 1: How relevant is Notes for 1.3.2 work? Can we purge bits/all? (nosilleg) http://www.worldwindcentral.com/wiki/Notes_for_1.3.2_work Various people need to either 'delete' their entries on that page or create a Jira issue, and someone needs to do the same for unattributed entries. Identified entries are from: fool, Llynix, bull, engmike, gillesk, TomServo


NEW BUSINESS:

  1. ADMINISTRATIVE
    1. Set deadline date for confirmation of terminology re "add-on", "plugin", "script", "extension", etc. (dpatton)
    2. Should there be a "Credits" button in Help > About? Should it have one section to list NLT staff, and one to list WW Comunity people? Who should be listed? For example: anyone who has contributed code directly, or indirectly(e.g. provide code to a developer, who uses it(perhaps modified) in WW), or who has fixed any bugs. (dpatton)
    3. Someone from NLT should perhaps respond to this forum posting: Worldwind - Expectations?, Coming Soon? (dpatton)
  2. DATA ISSUES
    1. NLT policy on fixing problems with existing NLT Landsat 7 Visible dataset META-28 and SRTM dataset META-12 (dpatton)
    2. Data slowness/200's vs 404's - Is it me or is nww a lot slower? Is this normal. Once again, we need to know who at Terraserver to ping (adamhill)
    3. Mirrors - Update from Matt. Decision on the PHP pivoting script from NLT. (adamhill)
  3. TECHNICAL
    1. Security of add-ons. Status update from Adam re info provided via my contact at Microsoft META-214 (dpatton)
    2. Discuss CVS HEAD file/directory cleanup META-39 (dpatton)
    3. 1.3.2 remaining issues/plan (see [1]) --Jessi 17:36, 24 Jun 2005 (GMT)
    4. Add-on Metadata standard - next steps? --Jessi 17:36, 24 Jun 2005 (GMT)
Personal tools