Community Meeting 2005-04-29

From World Wind Wiki

(Difference between revisions)
Jump to: navigation, search
Revision as of 16:23, 29 April 2005 (edit)
TheBeansprout (Talk | contribs)

← Previous diff
Revision as of 16:32, 29 April 2005 (edit) (undo)
Dpatton (Talk | contribs)

Next diff →
Line 1: Line 1:
-Meeting will be on Friday, April 29, at 20:00 UTC (1 p.m. PDT, 4 p.m. EDT)+Meeting will be on '''Friday, April 29, at 20:00 UTC''' (1 p.m. PDT, 4 p.m. EDT) ([http://www.worldtimeserver.com/current_time_in_UTC.aspx UTC time converter])
-Meeting will be held in #worldwind-meeting. Forum-wide announcement has been posted. No idea how many people will turn up, but I've set most of the "important people" to have Op flags so if needed we can set +m and control things. - Beanie.+Meeting will be held '''in #worldwind-meeting'''. Forum-wide announcement has been posted. No idea how many people will turn up, but I've set most of the "important people" to have Op flags so if needed we can set +m and control things. - Beanie.
-Agenda Topics:+'''Agenda Topics:''' Please, have your name after the agenda topic so we know who posted what.
-(Please, have your name after the agenda topic so we know who posted what)+== PART 1 - Administrative / Policies / Procedures (45 minutes) ==
-* WMS/SVS Issues (TomServo) 
-** 1.1.x compatability (TomServo) 
-* Image Suppliers - Ways to entice them to open up some of their imagery (TomServo) 
-** Could NLT create some documentation on setting up a WW compatible server, with example scripts etc. (Bull) 
-** "Creation" of an 'Image/Data Master' for Image Supplies to contact? See here: http://worldwind.arc.nasa.gov/forums/index.php?showtopic=2798&view=findpost&p=14721 (TomServo) 
* Roadmaps / Ideal Release Dates (TomServo) * Roadmaps / Ideal Release Dates (TomServo)
** 1.3.2 ** 1.3.2
Line 17: Line 12:
** 1.3.4 ** 1.3.4
** 1.4 ** 1.4
-* Bugs that NEED fixing ASAP (TomServo & Beanie)...Beanie would like to see basic usability things such as transparent Urban Ortho and proxy support sorted asap+ 
-* How to best fix terrain data errors (Rich Signell)+* Bugs
-* Status of new World Wind terrain engine (Rich Signell)+** ones that NEED fixing ASAP (TomServo)
-* Status of image servers (NLT LS7, WWC, Terraserver) (Beanie)+ 
-**Status of torrent seeding and cache pack creation (Beanie)+* Image Suppliers
-* CVS Issues (TomServo)+** Ways to entice them to open up some of their imagery (TomServo)
-** Broken code in HEAD+** Could NLT create some documentation on setting up a WW compatible server, with example scripts etc. (Bull)
-** Version splits+** "Creation" of an 'Image/Data Master' for Image Supplies to contact? See this [http://worldwind.arc.nasa.gov/forums/index.php?showtopic=2798&view=findpost&p=14721 forum posting] (TomServo)
-** Other+ 
-*Documentation (adamhill)+*Documentation
-** Legacy Code+** Legacy Code (adamhill)
-** New code+** New code (adamhill)
-* Ways to get more OS help (Bull)+ 
-** There has been a lot of constructive criticism on the forums of the new NLT data set, but nobody has offered to help with the 15m set.+* Ways to get more OS help
 +** There has been a lot of constructive criticism on the forums of the new NLT data set, but nobody has offered to help with the 15m set. (Bull)
 + 
 +== PART 2 - Technical Discussions (45 minutes) ==
 + 
 +* WMS/SVS Issues (TomServo)
 +** 1.1.x compatability (TomServo)
 + 
 +* Terrain Data
 +** How to best fix terrain data errors (Rich Signell)
 +** Status of new World Wind terrain engine (Rich Signell)
 + 
 +* CVS Issues
 +** Broken code in HEAD (TomServo)
 +** Version splits (TomServo)
 +** Other (TomServo)

Revision as of 16:32, 29 April 2005

Meeting will be on Friday, April 29, at 20:00 UTC (1 p.m. PDT, 4 p.m. EDT) (UTC time converter)

Meeting will be held in #worldwind-meeting. Forum-wide announcement has been posted. No idea how many people will turn up, but I've set most of the "important people" to have Op flags so if needed we can set +m and control things. - Beanie.

Agenda Topics: Please, have your name after the agenda topic so we know who posted what.

PART 1 - Administrative / Policies / Procedures (45 minutes)

  • Roadmaps / Ideal Release Dates (TomServo)
    • 1.3.2
    • 1.3.3
    • 1.3.4
    • 1.4
  • Bugs
    • ones that NEED fixing ASAP (TomServo)
  • Image Suppliers
    • Ways to entice them to open up some of their imagery (TomServo)
    • Could NLT create some documentation on setting up a WW compatible server, with example scripts etc. (Bull)
    • "Creation" of an 'Image/Data Master' for Image Supplies to contact? See this forum posting (TomServo)
  • Documentation
    • Legacy Code (adamhill)
    • New code (adamhill)
  • Ways to get more OS help
    • There has been a lot of constructive criticism on the forums of the new NLT data set, but nobody has offered to help with the 15m set. (Bull)

PART 2 - Technical Discussions (45 minutes)

  • WMS/SVS Issues (TomServo)
    • 1.1.x compatability (TomServo)
  • Terrain Data
    • How to best fix terrain data errors (Rich Signell)
    • Status of new World Wind terrain engine (Rich Signell)
  • CVS Issues
    • Broken code in HEAD (TomServo)
    • Version splits (TomServo)
    • Other (TomServo)
Personal tools